Trainee Accountant, Family Office – Cape Town
Department Family Office
City Cape Town
Country South Africa
Application deadline 31st July 2023
Published: 13th Apr 2023
Acting as a Trainee Accountant within the Altum Group, undertaking a range of accounting duties such as bookkeeping, performing bank and investment portfolio reconciliations and preparing some simple annual financial statements under direction from your designated superiors.
Bookkeeping and Reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting in accordance with client deadlines.
- Assist with all aspects of accounting matters, including the preparation, reconciliation and proofing of investor reports, statutory financial statements and ad hoc investor requests
- Assist with the completion of routine audit queries
- Prepare periodic bank reconciliations and provide or source supporting documentation evidencing transaction
- Maintain accurate records on eFront / AllVue / NavOne and Microsoft Excel working paper schedules for all aspects of bookkeeping
- Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of periodic direct and indirect tax returns
- Maintain and Monitor task list to ensure completion on a timely basis, under supervision of your superior;
- Effectively manage workload, complete daily work and allocated project work as needed; and
- Effectively communicate the status of workload to superiors as appropriate.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of personal time in line with group procedures; and
- Ensure time records are always up to date.
- Maintain confidentiality and security in terms of client affairs and papers;
- To develop and maintain good staff relations generally within the team and wider Company;
- To ensure that all work is conducted in accordance with Company internal procedures;
- To monitor your own performance against personal and development targets; and
- To ensure compliance with the Company’s professional conduct, quality and ethical standards.
Skills & Experience
- BCom Degree/ Diploma with Financial Accounting 3
- Desire to learn and gather technical financial services knowledge through training
- IT literacy and interpersonal skills are essential