Senior Compliance Manager – Jersey
City St Helier
Application deadline 31st July 2023
Published: 26th Apr 2023
Altum operates a compliance and risk team that acts as a second line function monitoring business compliance. The Senior Manager will be responsible for providing all aspects of compliance support in relation to Altum’s Jersey business
- Providing advice and support for all staff in relation to the significance and importance of the compliance function within the business.
- Ensure that the compliance monitoring programme is effective and kept up to date.
Ensure that the business has strong controls in place including policies and procedures and the associated monitoring.
- Provide appropriate assistance and cover for the Head of Compliance when workloads demand and during absences.
- Mentoring team members and ensuring their development.
- Member of the Policies and Procedures Committee.
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Compliance to develop and maintain a full compliance programme for the Altum Group.
- Embedding a strong compliance culture, leading continuous improvements, and developing training.
Skills & Experience:
- Professional qualifications and sufficient experience as expected of a Senior Compliance Manager.
Management level experience in the offshore funds/trust industry.
A positive “can do”, solution-based approach to dealing with regulatory and AML/CFT monitoring practices.
- A strong business ethic with a focus on quality, establishing, maintaining, and encouraging high standards in all activities.
- Knowledge of regulatory and AML/CFT issues.
- An appreciation of current best operational compliance practices.
- The presence and substance to be able to represent Altum Group and act as an ambassador for the business in its dealings with regulators and external professionals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in all forms to different levels staff and to foster a collaborative working environment.