Senior Accountant, Real Estate – Cape Town
This is a position suitable for candidates preferably with more than 4 years’ experience from a directly related position in a similar quality organisation or from an audit background, ideally with some real estate experience. The ideal candidate will be a newly qualified CA(SA), have a strong academic background and be highly numerate with drive and enthusiasm, which is compatible with the organisation as a whole.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting in accordance with client deadlines
- Complete all aspects of accounting matters for the portfolio, including monthly/quarterly NAVs, the preparation, reconciliation and proofing of investor reports, statutory financial statements (IFRS & FRS102) and ad-hoc investor queries
- Adhere to all reporting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Liaise with the auditors to complete routine audit queries
- Review periodic bank reconciliations and supporting documentation evidencing transactions
- Maintain accurate records on Allvue/ Efront/ NavOne and Caseware/Excel working paper schedules for all aspects of accounting
- Deal with the preparation and reconciliation of periodic direct and indirect tax returns
- For specific client entities, particularly those which own real estate assets, review/prepare and submit VAT and CIS returns and liaise with HMRC as necessary
- Act as a mentor to junior staff under the supervision of senior staff
- Maintain and Monitor task list to ensure completion on a timely basis, under supervision of your superior;
- Effectively manage workload, complete daily work and allocated project work as needed; and
- Effectively communicate the status of workload to superiors as appropriate.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of personal time in line with group procedures; and
- Ensure time records are up to date at all times
- Maintain confidentiality and security in terms of client affairs and papers;
- Develop and maintain good staff relations generally within the team and wider Company;
- Ensure that all work is conducted in accordance with Company internal procedures;
- Monitor your own performance against personal and development targets; and
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s professional conduct, quality and ethical standards.
- Identify areas where further training is required and bring these to the attention of the Team’s management
- Consider regulatory issues at all times and report any concerns to management as appropriate
Skills & Experience
- Newly qualified CA(SA) or equivalent qualification
- Strong financial services experience (2-4 years)
- IT literate and confident when word processing, using Internet software, E-Mail, Database software and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Excellent attention to detail