Manager, Legal & Co-Sec – Cape Town
Our growing South Africa office is looking for a Legal & Co-Sec Manger to join our team. This person will report directly to the Head of Legal in our Jersey office. This is a position suitable for candidates preferably with more than 4 years’ experience from a directly related position in a similar quality organization.
- Monitor all legislative, regulatory, and corporate governance developments that might affect the Company’s operations and ensure that the Head of Legal is fully briefed on these.
- Prepare and maintain board and committee agendas, minutes, and resolutions, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Draft and review legal documents, including contracts, agreements, and board policies.
- Oversee the filing of statutory returns, including annual returns, financial statements, and other statutory reports.
- Liaise with various departments to collect necessary reports and information for board and committee meetings.
- Understand the relevant regulatory regime and ensuring that all activities undertaken meet regulatory requirements.
- Draft board papers, ensure board packs are assembled and distributed to internal boards in a timely manner.
- Attend and minute board meetings, travelling to other locations as required.
- Draft governance sections of annual and semiannual reports where required.
- Review and comment on corporate documentation as required by the Head of Legal.
- Keep records up to date and ensure all statutory registers are duly maintained.
- Deal with correspondence, the collating of relevant information and writing of reports, ensuring decisions made or action points agreed are communicated to the relevant parties and completed within timescales set and agreed.
- Provide contribution to meeting discussions.
- Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
- Provide any other duties as required.
- To perform all work thoroughly and accurately demonstrating excellent attention to detail.
- To adhere to all deadlines for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- To maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and security in terms of customer and company affairs and papers.
- Ensure compliance with Company internal procedures.
- To ensure compliance with the Company’s professional conduct, quality, and ethical standards.
- To develop and maintain good staff relations generally within the Company.
- Professional qualification: LLB law degree and/or ICSA, CSSA qualification. (Admitted Attorney advantageous).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the financial services industry and/or company secretarial position.
- Business and management practices and business ethics – Corporate business administration.
- Accelerate strong interpersonal and good written & oral communication skills.
- Robust logical and reasoning.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.