Junior Client Administrator, Family Office – Jersey
Department Family Office
Application deadline 30th September 2023
Published: 5th Jul 2023
- Working closely with your direct report to provide quality and efficient service to a basic portfolio;
- Assistance in administration of basic client portfolio undertaking basic administration with minimal supervision by your direct report;
- Liaison with clients, client advisors and bankers on basic administrative matters;
- Prepare general emails and letters for review;
- Ensure timely filing of documents in line with group policy;
- Maintenance of corporate records and respective database administration;
- Prepare payment instructions and oversight of authorisation process in line with respective banking cut-off times;
- Assistance with the co-ordination of meetings, attendance and assist in the taking of minutes at meetings;
- Assisting with basic transaction management;
- Maintain and monitor task list to ensure completion on a timely basis, with minimum supervision of your direct report;
- Provide general team administration assistance as required;
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the administrative team and wider business and generally act in the best interests of the division by supporting team members;
Ensure accurate and timely recording of personal time in line with group procedures and agreed recoverability;
- Arranging settlement of invoices;
- Review of basic financial statements prior to high level review by client administrator;
- Bookkeeping of cash transactions.
- Complete Altum Group induction;
- Complete required AML training;
- Attendance at any additional training provided by Altum Group;
- Commencement of study towards a professional Table 5 qualification such as ICSA or equivalent;
- Provide basic systems training/mentoring to trainee members of the team.
Expected Skills / experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in the finance industry;
- Wanting to work towards or working towards a professional Table 5 qualification such as ICSA or equivalent;
- 120 UCAS points or equivalent;
- Minimum 2.2 degree (for graduates);
- Good standard of GCSE’s or equivalent with pass grades in both English and Maths;
- IT literate and confident when word processing, using Internet software, E-Mail, Database software and Excel Spreadsheets.
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work within a team;
- General Governance;
- Basic understanding of corporate administration functions provided by Altum.
Family Office Specific
- Basic understanding of trust and company structures and relevant terminology.