Senior Client Accountant, Real Estate
Department Real Estate
City St Helier
Published: 18th Nov 2022
- Key Responsibilties
Preparation of annual financial statements, under IFRS and FRS 102, for the more complex and technically challenging client entities for review by the Accounting Manager.
- Identification of accounting issues which need to be brought to the attention of the management.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting in accordance with client deadlines.
- Preparation of information requested by auditors and liaising with the audit team in the course of their work.
- For specific client entities, particularly those which own real estate assets, review/prepare and submit VAT and CIS returns and liaise with HMRC as necessary.
- Review of accounting records and processing of appropriate year end journals.
- Delegation of tasks to more junior members of the team as appropriate and coaching/ supervision of the less experienced team members.
- To ensure that all work is produced to the highest professional standards, free from careless errors.
- To develop and maintain good staff relations generally within the Company.
- To ensure that all work is conducted in accordance with Company internal procedures.
- To maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and security in terms of customer affairs and papers.
- To monitor your own performance against personal and development targets.
- To identify areas where further training is required and bring these to the attention of the Manager.
- To ensure compliance with the Company’s professional conduct, quality and ethical standards.
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner and to interpret instructions which may be given at this time.
- To complete time sheet on a daily basis