Head of Marketing & Communications
Application deadline 31st March 2023
Published: 24th Feb 2023
- With oversight from the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), design, implement and execute the Group’s marketing and communications strategy, ensuring it aligns with and supports the overall strategic direction of the business.
- Build, manage and maintain positive relationships with external third parties, service providers, and agency’s including but not limited to our brand agency, media partnerships, and intermediaries.
- Ownership and management of the marketing and communications budget, ensuring creative solutions are offered to avoid any overspend.
- Provide regular reporting updates to the board on the budget position, escalating any concerns in a timely manner.
- Build on and evolve our brand to ensure visual imaging and messaging is consistent, accurate, inclusive, engaging and distinct across all marketing channels and locations.
- Partner with business leaders to plan and deliver marketing campaigns that support our sales strategy and attendance and participation at industry conferences and events.
- Collaborate with the wider business to understand and address their respective needs for marketing and communications support, in areas like recruitment, ESG and CSR.
- Creative direction, rollout and updating of our marketing materials including product fliers, infographics, html mailings, educational fliers for exhibition stands and branded merchandise to support our events and sponsorships (events linked to Skills Jersey, Jersey Finance, College Fayres; etc).
- Actively work with senior leaders to design and deliver external thought leadership publications on topics of strategic importance.
- Collaborate with the Investor marketing team on any relevant share communications
Proactively plan and manage all PR affairs on behalf of the business.
- Artwork production for strategic and ad hoc projects or presentations (e.g. infographics) and events (e.g. feedback card) etc.
- Ownership for the management and maintenance of Altum’s website content, including staff profiles, news and external communications, and the careers page.
- Actively contribute to the production of marketing literature and collateral, including RFP’s, client pitch documents and other written communications.
- Drive internal communications, ensuring staff understand our brand and what it stands for, and that they are kept up to date on and are engaged in important business activities.
- Significant experience at a senior level, leading on marketing and communications within a financial or professional services organisation that operates across multiple jurisdictions.
- A proven track record in developing and executing an effective marketing and communications strategy, with a particular focus on employer branding, engagement, content and corporate communications (internal and external).
- Excellent research, analysis and report writing skills, with a keen eye for detail and experience drafting and reviewing RFPs for client pitches.
- Relationship focused, with the ability to maximise engagement with clients, investors, partners, and intermediaries.
- A sound awareness of cultural differences and sensitivities, with the ability to resonate with a diverse target audience.
- Articulate written, visual and verbal communicator, with excellent copy accuracy and proofreading skills; fluency in English is essential.
- Drive and resilience to deliver excellence amidst tight timelines and changing circumstances.