Group HR Administrator, Human Resources – Cape Town
Department Human Resources
City Cape Town
Country South Africa
Application deadline 31st July 2023
Published: 13th Apr 2023
The Group HR Administrator will be a key member of the HR team, working alongside the local HR Business Partners to deliver a high-quality HR service to Altum Group’s offices across Jersey, Luxembourg and South Africa. This will be a hands-on role, suiting someone with excellent time management skills.
- Ownership of group Talent Acquisition administration.
- Posting job advertisements via internal and external channels, including the Altum Careers page, LinkedIn and other local job boards, alongside the company’s intranet page;
- Responsibility for the scheduling and coordination of interviews, including liaising with hiring managers and candidates regarding availability and updating calendars accordingly; and
- Manage the candidate pipeline, including closing filled positions and providing feedback to candidates who have not been successful;
- Management of all HR administrative associated with Employee Lifecycle.
- Supporting the HR Business Partner with the On-Boarding process by creating employee folders and drafting offer letters and contracts of employment for their review, along with adding employees to the pre-screening portal and the PeopleHR system;
- Assist with the leaver process, ensuring that resignations are saved on file, acknowledgement letters are drafted and issued, and that leaver details are added to the People HR system; and
- Draft and issue standard letters using relevant templates, including amendments to terms and conditions of employment, and reference requests for former and current employees.
- Ownership of Payroll & Benefits administration. This will include:
- Adding and removing employees from Group schemes, such as private medical insurance, pension, death in service etc.
- Building and fostering positive relationships with third party providers
- Assist the HR Business Partner with any Employee Relations matters.
- Drafting paperwork and attendance at meetings for the purpose of minute taking.
- The role holder will also be expected to support and assist with other administrative tasks on an ad-hoc basis, as and when the need arises.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience operating in a similar role, preferably in a Financial or Professional services environment
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Have obtained or are working towards a professional HR qualification.