Fund Accountant, Funds & Institutional – Cape Town
This is a position suitable for candidates preferably with more than 2 years’ experience from a directly related position in a similar quality organisation or from an audit background, ideally with some private equity fund experience. The ideal candidate will be a professional accountant with a recognised professional qualification, have a strong academic background and be highly numerate with drive and enthusiasm, which is compatible with the organisation as a whole.
- Assist in completing all aspects of accounting matters for a portfolio of fund structures, including monthly/quarterly NAVs, the preparation, reconciliation and proofing of investor reports, statutory financial statements and ad-hoc investor queries;
- Assist in bookkeeping a complex range of funds, management companies and associated fund structures and liaise with clients and intermediaries as necessary;
- Assist with the completion of investor, client and audit queries;
- Prepare periodic bank reconciliations and provide supporting documentation evidencing transactions;
- Prepare drawdown and distribution calculations plus notices on an ad hoc basis when requested by clients;
- Maintain accurate records on Allvue and Caseware/Excel working paper schedules for all aspects of bookkeeping;
- Assist and support the induction, integration, and training of junior staff.
- Maintain and Monitor task list to ensure completion on a timely basis, under supervision of your superior;
- Effectively manage workload, complete daily work and allocated project work as needed; and
- Effectively communicate the status of workload to superiors as appropriate.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of personal time in line with group procedures; and
- Ensure time records are always up to date.
- Maintain confidentiality and security in terms of client affairs and papers;
- Develop and maintain good staff relations generally within the team and wider Company;
- Ensure that all work is conducted in accordance with Company internal procedures;
- Monitor your own performance against personal and development targets;
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s professional conduct, quality and ethical standards;
- Identify areas where further training is required and bring these to the attention of the Team’s management;
- Always consider regulatory issues and report any concerns to management as appropriate.
Skills & Experience
- SAIPA / AGA (SA) or equivalent qualification;
- Strong financial services experience (1-2 years) preferred;
- IT literate and confident when word processing, using Internet software, E-Mail, Database software and Excel Spreadsheets.