Assistant Manager, Real Estate – Jersey
Acting as Assistant Manager within the Altum Group, having responsibility for the provision of administrative support and relationship management to a complex client portfolio with significant levels of transactions, undertaking more complex and/or significant transitions in the portfolio unsupervised.
Providing support and oversight to the wider team in relation to complex transactions, inclusive of reporting to superiors on any significant transaction requirements and matters to be brought to the director’s attention. Managing the on-boarding of new clients and their respective internal sign off under the supervision of your designated superiors. Responsible for maintaining an up to date task list for any direct client portfolio and overseeing the maintenance of the outstanding matters of the underlying team. Working closely with your superiors, assist in the running of the regular team meetings ensuring all respective matters are covered in sufficient detail. Under the supervision of your designated superiors, providing training and technical support to the underlying team in relation to corporate structuring and corporate governance requirements.
Under the supervision of your designated superiors, collate feedback in relation to any junior members of the team who report to you and undertake the probation, annual appraisal and development process.
- Working closely with your superior to provide a quality and efficient service to a complex portfolio;
- Support immediate management team with the delivery and implementation of divisional strategy and business targets;
- Administration of complex client portfolio undertaking general administration with minimal supervision by your superior;
- Supervising junior members of staff and delegating tasks on your portfolio;
- Liaison with clients, intermediaries, client advisors and bankers on administrative matters;
- Liaising with third parties such as lawyers, auditors, property and investment managers as required;
- Ensure maintenance of corporate records and respective database administration;
- Awareness and arrangement of statutory filings within applicable deadlines;
- Co-ordination of meetings; hold and take minutes for meetings and co-ordinate review with the administrators;
- Complex transaction management such as the acquisition/disposal of property and re-financing;
- Oversight of the collation of due diligence and customer take on procedures;
- Maintain and monitor task list to ensure completion on a timely basis;
- Liaising with the accounts team to ensure customer deadlines are met;
- Provide general team administration assistance as required;
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the administrative team and wider business and generally act in the best interests of the division by supporting team members.
- Maintenance of mandatory AML training as required;
- Attendance at any additional training provided by Altum Group;
- Studying towards a professional Table 4 qualification such as ICSA or equivalent;
- Supervise and mentor underlying team who are studying towards professional qualifications;
- Developing and coaching underlying team on a one to one basis.
- Assisting in the managing performance of direct reports through the performance management process, including performance review meetings and objective setting.