Assistant Manager, Funds & Institutional – Jersey
Acting as Assistant Manager within the Altum Group, having responsibility for the provision of administrative support and relationship management to a complex client portfolio with significant levels of transactions. Undertaking more complex and/or significant transitions in the portfolio unsupervised.
Providing support and oversight to the wider team in relation to complex transactions, inclusive of reporting to direct report on any significant transaction requirements and matter to be brought to the director’s attention. Managing the on boarding of new clients and collation of initial CDD documents in line with Altums policies and procedures and their respective internal sign off under the supervision of your designated superiors.
Responsible for maintaining up to date task list for any direct client portfolio and overseeing the maintenance of the outstanding matters of the underlying team. Working closely with your direct report, assist in the running of the weekly team meetings ensuring all respective matters are covered in sufficient detail.
Under the supervision of your direct report, providing training and technical support to the underlying team in relation to basic structuring and corporate governance requirements.
Under the supervision of your direct report, collate feedback in relation to any junior members of the team and undertake the probation, annual appraisal, and development process with your direct report.
Assist with the allocation of client administration and annual projects to the team.
- Working closely with your superior to provide quality and efficient service to various client portfolios
- Support immediate management team with the delivery and implementation of divisional strategy and business targets
- Administration of various (which are sometimes complex) client portfolio undertaking general administration without supervision by your direct report
- Supervising junior members of staff and delegating tasks on your portfolio
- Liaison with clients, client advisors and bankers on administrative matters
- Liaising with 3rd parties such as lawyers, auditors, and investment managers as required
- Ensure maintenance of client registers and records and respective database administration
- Awareness and arrangement of statutory filings within applicable deadlines
- Co-ordination of meetings; hold and take minutes for meetings
- Management of complex transactions such as the acquisition/disposal of various asset classes
- Oversight of the collation of due diligence and customer take on procedures
- Maintain and monitor task list to ensure completion on a timely basis
- Liaising with the accounts team to ensure customer deadlines are met
- Provide general team administration assistance as required
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the administrative team and wider business and generally act in the best interests of the division by supporting team members
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of personal time in line with group procedures and agreed recoverability
- Review of underlying teams time recording ensuring accuracy and adherence with group procedures and agreed recoverability
- Reviewing of WIP on client portfolio ensuring any ad hoc fees are considered
- Oversight of WIP review on junior members client portfolios ensuring any ad hoc fees are considered
- Review of invoices and circulation to client
- Review of client financial statements
- Maintenance of mandatory AML training as required
- Attendance at any additional training provided by Altum Group
- Studying towards a professional Table 4 qualification such as ICSA or equivalent
- Supervise and mentor underlying team who are studying towards professional qualifications
- Developing and coaching underlying team on a one-to-one basis
- Assisting in the managing performance of direct reports through the performance management process, including performance review meetings and objective setting
Expected Skills / experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the finance industry
- Holding relevant and recognised professional qualification in line with Table 5 requirements
- Working towards a professional Table 4 qualification such as ICSA or equivalent
- Proven relevant experience (specifically working on various Private Equity structures and investment strategies)
- Good understanding of various private equity structures and corporate governance
- A good understanding of financial statements and company secretary responsibilities
- Ability to develop and coach others on a one to one and group basis
- An understanding of Jersey statutory laws and other related legal and regulatory requirements and legislation
- An understanding of cash management processes and systems
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to delegate and oversee others
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills