Assistant Company Secretary – Cape Town
City Cape Town
Country South Africa
Application deadline 29th December 2023
Published: 16th Aug 2023
The role holder will assist the members of the Legal and Company Secretarial department in ensuring that the relevant companies and committees across the group comply with all areas of corporate governance, laws and regulations.
- Support the provision of company secretarial services such as statutory compliance, board meeting administration, document execution, diary management, ad hoc project support in order to support the delivery of the secretarial services team objectives.
- Support the development of corporate governance best practice in all entities within the group.
- Take an active role in preparing and maintaining the board and committee meeting calendars, seeking and monitoring director and committee member availability for additional meetings as required.
- Prepare and distribute meeting packs, to include preparing the agenda, requesting reports for tabling and sending out calendar invites.
- Follow up with attendees / business on action points (updating action tracker and the group’s database).
- Maintain reports, attendance and minutes trackers.
- Ensure the group’s database is kept up to date (registers of directors and officers, members, charges etc.).
- Assist with local filing requirements.
- Assist with the signing of contracts and other documentation and maintain a ratification tracker.
- Ensure that corporate documents are scanned and indexed in the document management system.
- Assist in the development of precedents and policies and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a similar organisation and role.
- A suitable professional qualification (ICSA) or be part qualified and working towards the completion of final exams.